Monday, December 31, 2007

Question #198 Reflection

A co-worker told me about his friend who thinks of each passing year as a "Question Year" or an "Answer Year." I think the example was one year she wondered if she was gay, and the next year she realized, "Yeah, I'm totally gay." And moved from New York to Montana to wear flannel or something.

While I don't expect any of us to divulge any heavy personal revelations, perhaps you can still tell us:

For you, was 2007 a Question Year, or an Answer Year?

*As always, bonus points for elaborating.

**The questions you've been answering on this site over the past year don't count.

3 comments:

Tiffany! said...

2007 was definitely a Question Year.
I am pretty sure I went through a mini-quarterlife-crisis over the summer. ~~~Thank goodness I had the distraction of having such amazing friends, to get me through the rest of the year. ~~~~
I found myself in a city where I couldn't support myself with my current career, and was thus financially dependent on my husband. I got in a VSR (very serious rut)over the question 'Whats next?' I pondered other skills (art, cakes, perfection ;-) and even tried to get internships and apply for new jobs. Hopefully in 2008 (with a possible new job on the horizon, and with going back to school to finish my degree), I will find the answer that I have been looking for.

beth said...

2007 was most definitely a question year. I left a soulless, though "great on paper", job to work with children and to have more time for "soul searching" (so I can figure out what I want to do my my life, what it all means, etc. etc.)

I am still pondering, but I know I am closer to where I want to be. Plus, It afforded me time to go on some kick-ass trips. (Which, as we all know, is most important.)

ariel said...

I don't think I have ever had an answer year. Maybe I'm gay?